The Message Desk is a live human being who answers calls. Most calls are not free-form: we give a number, he gives a reply. A few calls have been actual conversations.
Message desk tones
Starting 2/18/2013 the message desk has played several different recordings instead of going through to the Message Desk guy. We don't know what's in those recordings.
2/18/2013 10:15 (UTC)
The Message Desk is playing this recording. It contains a series of tones and "Repair repeater", repeated twice.
2/19/2013 00:04 (UTC)
Xkeeper got the message "[rapid beeping] [two-tones] URGENT! URGENT! REPAIR... REPEATER... [different two-tones]" We don't have a recording of this version.
2/20/2013 02:40 (UTC)
(disregard volume control adjustment noise at the start) http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VLX31bQSYj
2/26/2013 13:20 (UTC)
The Message Desk is now giving some repeated beeping at first then followed by a siren.
Ideas to try with Operations
- <zhazha> mention OTP AUTH CODE 30004A or PRJMLPL
- <OhWelp> ask operations to drop us the green page OhWelp like hey OhWelp need a green page OhWelp thanks
- <Lurk> Tell him we have problem with SIM card activation.
- <Lurk> Tell him that 2 button device/Microcontroller/Arduino from Las Vegas Drop is outputting nonsense.
- <Lurk> Tell him that we didnt get AI Boughese ID as we should
- <zhazha> other ideas: ask for a location that MD has given us
- <Adah> Ask him about the book!
- <zhazha> just buddy up to him and ask him if he is new
- <crash_demons> yeah, definitely do probe Operations for information, since he seems to be more communicative than MD
- <nadando> ask for his supervisor
- <crash_demons> ask him what we called, also
- <crash_demons> "I think I might have the wrong number, who is this? then expect something like "this is SPECNAVCOMMILBLACKOTP center"
- <Adah> Someone ask him why the agent system is down. That seems relevant to operations
- <Lurk> Thra to give him some orders: Dive to 200 feet, Load the barrel, START the operation, Lunch the rockets, Turn OFF the sattelite, TURN AGENT SYSTEM BACK ON or some other silly stuff like that
<zhazha> ask for a menu or directorytried, see call 4
Each location name given has an airport. Anaktuvuk Pass, Alaska is a tiny village and it's only feature is an airport for example. Perhaps the message desk is connected to the airport industry somehow and is giving airport location numbers, or is a delivery company and it's giving airport delivery numbers. Also, it seems that many of the cities have some kind of connection with military and/or ECHELON bases.