Project MLPL (PRJMLPL or PRJML) is the name of one aspect which the agents and agent system combined are working on. The letter sequence "PRJMLPL" appears in many of our messages. It is not know what MLPL stands for yet. The continued investigations by OTP22 counter agents aim to reveal that.
In the second Keep_Alive session, MLPL was mentioned again:
Message Desk: QX009, Project MLPL is operation under orders of WORM
- SECRET: the information, if released, would cause serious damage to the organisation
- PRJMLPL: this is a compartment for the information; even members of the organisation with a secret clearance would not be allowed to see this information unless they were cleared specifically for PRJMLPL
- 75X5: the information is exempt from declassification for 75 years, for reason 5. (In the case of US classified material, reason 5 is material that would "reveal formally named or numbered U.S. military war plans that remain in effect, or reveal operational or tactical elements of prior plans that are contained in such active plans": see EO 13526 section 3.3 paragraph b.)
If Project MLPL was the intended name, then the operation is responsible for monitoring ships in the arctic, placing dead-drops, assigning missions for fictional agents and players, and possibly for maintaining the Agent Systems and their various forms of information.
Occasionally an "agent" is mentioned by the agent systems in connection with other operations; these agents, who are possibly members of the same unknown organization, have been named MLPL Agents by OTP agents.
Guesses as to what MLPL might mean include:
- Projected missile theory is one possibility.
- Military police. ML is an official abbreviation for military and PL for police.
"These are codes that the UK government uses to classify types of items for export. ML stands for "military", PL originally meant "police", and numbers indicate more general classifications." http://caat.org.uk:8802/faq
- Project melting the pole, ie Arctic region and North Pole. This is because there has been a lot of focus on the Arctic and ships named Melters.
Project Military Police
- Googling "project military police" leads us to www.nickstudios.dk
- Name: Project: Military Police
- Former name(s): Project: Crime, Projekt: Krimi
- Date of Creation: November 15, 2011
- Current Phase: BRAVO
- Blog: http://nickstudios.blogspot.com leads us to http://www.deepfire.com.hk
- Deepfire lists products very similar to the component drops (springs, cylinders made of titanium)
Over the course of receiving messages, years have came and gone and other Project names have been mentioned as listed below:
- IRISLATCH (Operation, possibly not a "Project")