From otp22 db
Revision as of 17:24, May 26, 2014 by Crash demons (either this font tag or the broken italic/bold is breaking the timeline interface.)
This page is an archive. Click here to return to the main News page.
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 09:00:00 +0000
- New recorded messages on 2303 number- some kind of scrambling / voice distortion. http://vocaroo.com/i/s0DPJYCDu772, http://vocaroo.com/i/s02Dp66yBpUs Need higher quality recordings. Results of investigation so far.
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 06:50:00 +0000
- OhWelp uses the "keep alive" code at the message desk and manages to stay on the line for an hour asking questions- see http://pastebin.com/v94BqDre for transcript.
Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:50:00 +0000
- Adah and Nadando figured out how to use product code, authorization code and outputs from Las Vegas Arduino device. Correct use of the codes makes MD guy to ask you for your home address, Nadando is anxiously waiting for packet of sweets. Only LOGS for now.
Sun, 23 Dec 2012 08:30:00 +0000
- We found 2 new messages on agent codes 18013 and 18014. Black_OTP1_messages#Messages_from_23.2F24_December
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- After message on 16041 changed we found metric burgerton of new messages on 1800# agent codes. Black_OTP1_messages#Messages_from_19_December
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:30:00 +0000
- Another black otp1 message was found and decoded. It helpfully informed us that there are no orders.
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 06:00:00 +0000
- ymgve cracked the Black OTP1 messages with the El Paso CD and and got a new message referring to component drops! Looks like we might be getting more drop assignments in the future.
Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:30:00 +0000
- New numberstation like message (black otp1 file start... ...offset 0). More info on OTP1 FILE START messages. Dialer recording
Sat, 15 Dec 2012 07:30:00 +0000
- Agent system is BACK. Messages on agent system seem to be different than before. Recoding Agent number 33330
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 05:30:00 +0000
- Xkeeper got MD to be somewhat conversational. MD describes the Message Desk as a "contract that requires him to dial into an ancient mainframe using an ancient modem." First confirmation that he is an employee?
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 02:30:00 +0000
- Agent systems seem to be down and sometimes calls to MD will forward to "Operations" instead. Who is this guy, and what kind of input is he looking for?
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 00:30:00 +0000
- MD is up. Nadando found that almost all of the numbers in the 3xx range give output in the xx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx format.
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- New type of message strings of numbers with an offset. 
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 08:00:00 +0000
- New drop around the Texas / New Mexico border Retrieved. details on UF
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 00:00:00 +0000
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- "Gurgling" noise at 6-10 seconds in 202 204 2303 had been solved. 202_204_2303/InvestigationRecording.
Sun, 09 Dec 2012 15:00:00 +0000
- We decrypted messages on 202 999 3335 agent number 899053.
Sun, 09 Dec 2012 09:30:00 +0000
- New binary message on 202 999 3335 agent number 899053 or ON NEW NUMBER 202 204 2303 INFO. Recording 2012-12-09 05-49 UTC 202-999-3335 899053.
Fri, 07 Dec 2012 21:50:00 +0000
Thu, 06 Dec 2012 20:00:00 +0000
- Message desk is taking calls again and returning calls from 202-204-2303. At 11:45 GMT LordHeinrich recorded unusual FSK-4 on that number Recording .
Wed, 05 Dec 2012 01:00:00 +0000
- In the NEW SONG MESSAGE Las Vegas Drop coordinates were found. We picked it up and found IRIDIUM SIM CARD and open-source single-board micro-controller in black box. More info here.
Mon, 03 Dec 2012 03:00:00 +0000
- There is NEW SONG MESSAGE. Discovered by LordHeinrich on 202 number. Recording. Add your observations here.
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 03:00:00 +0000
- There is now a 25 USD reward for solving the scrambled messages here: http://otp22.referata.com/wiki/709_700_0122/Investigation#Scrambled_messages
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 03:00:00 +0000
- No connection to Message Desk for the last two nights.
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:00:00 +0000
- NATO message received from Message Desk telling us of a future Las Vegas drop. Be prepared to find an OTP agent in Las Vegas area ASAP.
Sat, 24 Nov 2012 15:00:00 +0000
- The tone and content of OTP22 has changed, please read this page before continuing http://otp22.referata.com/wiki/Disclaimer
Sat, 24 Nov 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- All messages changed. Message Desk down, but comes back up at some point every night. More info is on this page.
Fri, 23 Nov 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- REAL PERSON ANSWERING TO CALLS More info is Message_Desk.
Thu, 22 Nov 2012 23:46:00 +0000
- AFTER WE UPLOADED SSTV: SSTV info, YMGVE SPOTTED NEW MESSAGE R/ELWQELWQ or TBD/TBD
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 02:00:00 +0000
- AGENT SYSTEM IS BACK!!! on numbers 202 303 and 48 (709 still scrambled msg) Link. More info is NEW_AGENT_SYSTEM from November 21st.
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 01:00:00 +0000
- NEW SONG with all sorts of data (overlaid ITA2, Morse beeping near end, weird and creepy sound at the end) on number 303 Link. More info is here.
Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:00:00 +0000
- AWESOME 3 songs on 202 number, with some overlying data and Iridium message on the end: Link. More info is here.
Wed, 07 Nov 2012 01:06:00 +0000
- Bell agent finally found. Read here for all the information: Link.
Sun, 04 Nov 2012 14:00:00 +0000
- New message on 709 number. Contains "your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again; 2BM" and few other variants, but somehow dialer is getting only this message. [2BM 2AZ and 2CS Page].
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 09:00:00 +0000
- New message on 202, 303 numbers. Contains busy signals with various overlapped strange sounds, including AFSK, and a SAME header.
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:50:00 +0000
- More changes on 202, 303, and Poland numbers. 202: female voice, "202 proxy re enabled, waiting for control signal." 303: male voice, "303 proxy re enabled, waiting for control signal." Poland: "the maximum number of attempts was made for this period, please wait for time out."
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:00:00 +0000
- 202 number changed again within the same day, now has female voice saying 'two', 303 number also changed now saying 'three' and polish number which went down, now back up saying 'concern'.
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:44:00 +0000
- New message on 202 and 303 phone numbers, it now says "We're sorry, an application error has occured, goodbye". Polish number is down.
Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:46:00 +0000
- NEW TYPE OF MESSAGES: these are scrambled: if you want to help, check out: http://otp22.referata.com/wiki/Info_on_another_NEW_NUMBER_709-700-0122#Scrambled_messages
Fri, 26 Oct 2012 12:02:00 +0000
- After a third hunt of Chicago drop site found nothing, decision was made in #ARG to stop remaining searches as it now seems highly unlikely that any items will be found. Focus on the Polish number continues.
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 01:23:00 +0000
- It seems the Polish number is accepting input at the end of the horns (around 2:43). We are currently testing agent codes; if you want to help, check out: http://otp22.referata.com/wiki/48_22_307_1061#Accepting_Input
Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:58:00 +0000
- We are currently attempting to find out what is meant by "ENTR BELL AGENT CODE" mentioned in the message decoded from the Poland horn. Take a look at our investigation/theory notes and test/add anything that makes sense.
Sat, 20 Oct 2012 17:01:00 +0000
- 709-700-0122 back online with old DATA song. Listen to the recording.
Sat, 20 Oct 2012 12:00:00 +0000
- 709-700-0122 not working any more. Caller ID transmission (regular bell202 modem data at 1200 baud) then busy signal. It may be a legitimate telco glitch. Listen to the recording.
Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:06:00 +0000
- New siren like sound found at 202-999-3335 (after Iridium) and on 303-309-0004 (after 5th horn). Needs looking into. Listen to the recording. Volume down!
Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:48:00 +0000
- HORNS SOLVED! Possible new horn found at the number Rahm decoded from the 4th horn. Needs looking into. Listen to the recording.
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 21:00:00 +0000
- The Rhode Island drop was recovered by psy_wombats and drhabibi. However, shortly after recovering, opening, and photographing the drop, the smallest metal component of the drop was lost.
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:35:00 +0000
- New 5th horn sound was discovered on 303-309-0004. Recording - CAUTION TURN VOLUME DOWN!!! 303-309-0004 tone analysis page
Tue, 16 Oct 2012 00:44:00 +0000
- Ask MetaFilter and reddit (/r/whatisthisthing) posts are made requesting help for identification of the metal components found in the Neary Lagoon drop and Tapiola, Finland drop.
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:38:00 +0000
- Diftraku recovers the Tapiola, Finland drop. The drop was located under old AA gun and in a black bag. The contents were a thin metal tube, 4 small square magnets, a spring, and a desiccant pack.
Diftraku's report (from pastebin)
The drop site was found to be an old war era AA-gun captured from the soviets, an ItK 37 "Tuulimäki", a 76mm AA gun located in Tuulimäki, Espoo, just by the Tapiola office. The memorial is for the AA battery 32 "Länsi" (West), the battery had 4 of the same model on Tykkimäki at Tapiola during 1942-1944. The AA-gun is just a few meters from the public pedestrian road with street lights. The drop was right under gunner's seat below the gun's baseplate and was not visible without trying to look for it or tap below the surface. The drop was a sealed clear bag duct taped to the bottom with a black bag inside it, sealed once from the both ends with a smaller seal to create 4 1 cm by 1 cm pockets on the ends. The contents are what appears to be four rare-earth magnets, a 5cm long spring and a tube with an end where the spring fits snuggly. The contents of the bag: http://i.imgur.com/MldGC.jpg Closer look on the tube: http://i.imgur.com/LOwUN.jpg http://i.imgur.com/LOwUN.jpg Sealed Black Bag: http://i.imgur.com/6UKKP.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MRqtp.jpg The drop with the outer clear sealed bag: http://i.imgur.com/yALCf.jpg Where it was found: http://i.imgur.com/TJd70.jpg http://i.imgur.com/O8wKb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CrOBo.jpg The contents along a cm-scale ruler: http://i.imgur.com/1jH4a.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MldGC.jpg
Images from the drop
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:00:00 +0000
- Vargomax recovers the Neary Lagoon drop. The drop was taped under the bench. The contents were two thin metal tubes and a package of silica desiccant gel.
Images from the drop
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 19:00:00 +0000
- sevenpoundowl reports that he was unable to locate the Hawaii drop. His search was cut short due to the interference of local law enforcement entities. Images from sevenpoundowl are available here (on imgur).
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:00:00 +0000
- The latest (709) 700-0122 message was decoded. The message contained the coordinates of the drops alluded to in prior messages. For more information, see Component drops.
Tue, 09 Oct 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- A call to the (202) 999-3335 number was made with the ID spoofed to be 8816 5145 2194 (a 12 digit Iridium number on the NOAA Fleet Telephone Number page). The call was unusually noisy - hear the call here
Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:13:00 +0000
- Calls to the (202) 999-3335 number result in a new message which mentions the "Iridium Satellite Tempe Gateway".
Sun, 07 Oct 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- IRC user nfx released a web based tool to visually compare the binary tone messages on the (709) 700-0122 number. http://bagud.dk/arg/
Sat, 06 Oct 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- Gateway One language solved?  "If you want a call back, leave your name. If you would like assistance, please hang up." w:Inuvialuk_language
Fri, 05 Oct 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- An updated binary tone message from the (709) 700-0122 number was decoded.
Thu, 04 Oct 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- Superdan recovered a note from the directed Montevideo location. The note contained a phone number.. (709) 700-0122 (raw: 7097000122). When the (709) 700-0122 number is called, tones play for approximately a minute followed by a error message (per Shidda's call). The messages have been decoded.
Wed, 03 Oct 2012 13:19:00 +0000
Tue, 02 Oct 2012 00:00:00 +0000
IRC user prestoa apparently visited Lake Oswego Public Library and checked the status of the book noted in the first drop. prestoa relayed that the book, a reference only book which is not available for withdrawal from the library, was missing. The book is presumed to have been stolen.The book was apparently misfiled. The CD, which was placed back in the book by oregon, was gone after the book was again found.
Mon, 01 Oct 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- The tones again remained on the entire day on both numbers.. but later in the day, tones on the (303) 309-0004 number changed to a lengthier and varied (with probable encoded data) tone.Example tones: 22:00 UTC and 23:00 UTC. Mwally received the Blue Hill CD. Main IRC channel changed to #ARG from #otp22
Sun, 30 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- The tones remained on both numbers the entire day with little known variance. Posted to /r/AskReddit where it was quickly removed
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- A different set of tones than the previous ones appeared on both numbers in place of the Agent Systems. The change was first noticeable at 18:00 UTC on the auto dialer.
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- SomethingAwful forum thread started. Multiple NATO Messages received: Message:09/28/2012/99292/04:38, Message:09/28/2012/99293/04:38, Message:09/28/2012/99294/19:43
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- The pay phone that the second drop was recovered from was run over by a car, which then hit the adjacent clothing store. A local news article (with pictures!) can be found here. see Blue Hill mysteries and Blue Hill phone booth drop
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- Agent System began sending a new MSG code to auto dialer messages. This code (99291) had been used the day before with relaying messages in TWC mode.. but now relayed a new NATO phonetic message. This message was decoded using p4.txt. QLAUN CHDLY DQQQQ INSPE CTING DFORD AMAGE
Wed, 26 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- Logs of unknown origin were posted to the 11011522 /x/ thread. This user (OTP-Encoder) purports to be associated with the group running the Agent System numbers. The other half to the conversation was posted the next day in the same thread.
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- A T- code has been appended to PAYLD1 in new recordings. The auto dialer recorded a new message with a new message code (99280) which contained a new NATO phonetic mesage. 3233 0A7F FECA 26B6 3ED8 D561 8E59 9569 6F8C C8E5 B5DF BDFA 849C
Sun, 23 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- The contents of the CD-R were uploaded to Google Drive here. The uploaded files were as follows: TrueCrypt Setup 5.1a.exe, bcwipe3.exe, data.bin (Presumably a TrueCrypt data file.) The password for the TrueCrypt data file remains unknown.
Sat, 22 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- The drop in Blue Hill, ME was retrieved by a librarian at the Blue Hill Library. It was taped under the payphone. User:M86/timeline/drop2comments
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:28:00 +0000
- Auto dialer recordings earlier in the day recorded a new MSG code (99283). This MSG code was another "Gateway Two" message with a new accompanied drop in Blue Hill, ME.
Wed, 19 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
Tue, 18 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- Analysis of the call window recording yielded a likely hidden message. The general consensus is that the message in the auto dialer message was "There's an alarm in the Vaughnsville DCO", corresponding to the Vaughnsville area number (419) 646-0004. Later in the day, both the (303) 309-0004 and (202) 999-3335 numbers became active and accepting Agent codes once again.
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 04:55:00 +0000
- Normal operation of the (303) 309-0004 number ceases as the number now begins transmitting odd tones. The odd tone, however, has a BPSK31 transmission accompanying it and it is quickly decoded. The message contains a new phone number - (202) 999-3335. As the numbers shift back to odd tones, this is recorded by mwally's auto dialer. Later in the day, during a small window, the (202) 999-3335 number stopped playing the tone and started playing a new message. <SS5 tones denoting the number> "The number you have reached, 646-0004, is not in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try again. Thank you."
Sun, 16 Sep 2012 13:52:00 +0000
- A new NATO phonetic message was recorded with Agent code 99288. This message was again decoded using p2.txt. PLEAS EINDI CATEN ATURE OFDEL AYJJJ LOTSO FQSAS KEDJJ
Sat, 15 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- marcusw's CD contents explanation on #OTP22
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:00:00 +0000
- A NATO phonetic message was recorded with Agent code 99286. This message was decoded using p1.txt. PAYLOAD THREE-TRAJECTORY GOOD-READY FOR REENTRY-TARGET MELTING COMPLETE. Another NATO phonetic message was with Agent code 2896. Decoded using p2.txt. MELTING OF INCOMPLETE-PAYLOAD THREE REENTRY WINDOW DELAYED BY NO LESS THAN FIVE DAYSS-SEA TROOP REQUESTING DROP.
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- The dead drop was picked up at Lake Oswego Public Library on page 271 (not 272) of the specified book.
Thu, 13 Sep 2012 01:57:00 +0000
- A request for a dead drop was recorded with Agent code 99288. "Gateway Two is now active." The location for this drop was Lake Oswego Public Library in Oregon. The drop is indicating a ISBN number (0-8160-4195-4) and the page in which the drop has been made.
Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- MELTER3s status changed to *DECOMSH*. The condition code shifted from Red to Orange/Orange.
Wed, 12 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- The initial condition codes on the (303) 309-0004 number this day were Orange/Orange.
After the MIGs approached the SHIP convoy and MELTER3s status changed to *EMRG*FIRE*, the condition code changed to Red, Bogey/Red, Bogey.
The MIGs then dissapeared into Russia and the condition code changed to Red. MELTER3s status blinked on and off from *EMRG*FIRE* (w/ a location of 66.7032 -168.4991) to *NOLOC* (w/ a location of NaN.NaN NaN.NaN). A new SHIP, PETR, is recorded later in the day.
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- Earlier in the day, the (303) 309-0004 number relayed messages with similar tags to the previous day (plus a new DRONE tag), but the coordinates seems mainly to be localized to Alaska. Later messages switched to the now familiar SHIP tags and the MIGs (BOGEY1 and BOGEY2) made an appearance under mislabeled SHIP tags.
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- Message:unk/unk/unk/1 was the message recorded by the OP in the /b/ and /x/ threads. Calls to the (303) 309-0004 number during this day relayed TROOP, AGENT, SUPPLY, and AIRCFT tagged coordinates which were located in North America.
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 00:00:00 +0000
- Captain_Jack (aka wprtradio on YouTube) on the GodLikeProductions forum posts a YouTube video to the initial GLP post. The condition code recorded in this call is Blue.
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 00:00:00 +0000
- A post is made to 800notes about the (303) 309-0004 number. Again, this post is not available in archive.org's repository.
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 00:00:00 +0000
- A (presumed partial) transcript of a recording to the (303) 309-0004 number is posted to the GLP thread by an anonymous user, decoded as some source code.